May 19 is Armed Forces Day. It is celebrated on the third Saturday of May every year. It is a day to pay tribute to the men and women actively serving and those who have served their country in times of war and peace. Local Management honors our employees, clients, and vendors who have protected and defended this country by serving in the military.
The staff at Local Management commemorates the sacrifice made by members of all branches of the military and we thank you.
Around the country, Armed Forces Day is celebrated with parades, public military displays, and ‘Support the Troop’ themed motorcycle rides. Here are few easy ideas for celebrating Armed Forces Day:
Armed Forces Day Celebrations:
- Wear an American flag pin of fly a flag at your home or business.
- Make a donation to a service-related organization.
- Teach your children/grandchildren/nieces and nephews about the holiday and help them celebrate.
- Thank a veteran, reservist, or active military member on your social media. Don’t forget the hashtag #armedforcesday.
- Help the family of a deployed service member. Offer to help with a chore or drop off a meal.
Another organization that helps veterans year-round is Habitat for Humanity. Veterans Build is the organization’s national initiative that builds homes and provides volunteer and employment help to veterans and their families. Lending a hand by helping to build or outfit a house for a disabled vet can mean so much to veteran and their family.
No matter what you decide to do, remember our active military members and veterans need your support all year round, and there are numerous organizations that can benefit from your benevolence. You don’t have to wait until Armed Forces Day to show our men and women who’ve served in the Armed Forces that you care and are thankful for their sacrifices.